The Drug Policy Alliance is a 501c3 non-profit organization. We depend entirely on private donations to fund our work to end the war on drugs and promote new drug policies grounded in science, compassion, health, and human rights. Your support is crucial – thank you!
Gifts to the Drug Policy Alliance are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. Tax ID: 52-1516692
Other Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to support the Drug Policy Alliance that offer benefits for you as well as increase the impact of your gift. Explore below to find an option that works for you.
- Donating Stock
- The benefits of a stock donation are two-fold: not only is the contribution
tax-deductible - which would also be the case with a check - but you pay no capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock.Read More
To donate stocks or bonds, please inform your broker that our investment account is with:
Pershing LLC / Citi Personal Wealth Management
New York, NY 10019
DTC #: 0443
Account Name: Drug Policy Alliance
Account #: C32-043-504
If you need the full account number contact Dennis Lee at 212-489-3246.
Because electronic stock transfers are made without identifying the donor, please contact Ellen Flenniken, Managing Director of Development, at 212-613-8043 or email@example.com to advise about the stock and number of shares you plan to give.
- Matching Gifts
- You can make your donation to the Drug Policy Alliance go even further by designating the Alliance for a matching gift from your company. Read More
Check with your company's matching gift department to determine if the Drug Policy Alliance meets your company's matching gift guidelines. Or contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll find out for you.
- Legacy Gifts
- Put DPA in your will or estate plan. Find out more about The Ashawna Hailey Planned Giving Society, DPA’s planned giving group.
- Memorial/Tribute Gifts
- Make a donation in honor or in memory of someone. Please contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or email@example.com to make your gift.
- Foundation Gifts
- If you would like to make a grant to DPA from your family foundation or work at a foundation interested in drug policy reform, please contact David Glowka, Director of Development, at 212-613-8029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donating by PhonePlease call 212-613-8025 to donate today.
Donating by Wire TransferTo make a wire transfer please contact Ellen Flenniken, Managing Director of Development, at 212-613-8043 or email@example.com.
Donating with BitcoinContact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to give with digital currency.
Donating by MailChecks or money orders should be made out to the Drug Policy Alliance.
Please mail to:
The Drug Policy Alliance
131 West 33rd Street, 15th floor
New York, NY 10001
Lobbying and AdvocacyYou can make a donation to DPA's related organization, Drug Policy Action, in support of lobbying and other efforts. Note that donations to Drug Policy Action are not tax-deductible.
Shop DPA ProductsGet books and reports, or show your support for drug policy reform with a t-shirt or mug. Visit our store.