The Drug Policy Alliance is a 501c3 non-profit organization. We depend entirely on private donations to fund our work to end the war on drugs and promote new drug policies grounded in science, compassion, health, and human rights. Your support is crucial – thank you!
Gifts to the Drug Policy Alliance are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law, Tax ID: 52-1516692. For questions on new or existing donations, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to support the Drug Policy Alliance that offer benefits for you as well as increase the impact of your gift. Explore below to find an option that works for you.
- Want your membership to go even further? Join the Reformers Club, our special group of committed automatic monthly donors. These tax-deductible gifts not only sustain our work, but are also an investment in the future of this movement.
- You can make your donation to the Drug Policy Alliance go even further by designating the Alliance for a matching gift from your company. Check with your company's matching gift department to determine if the Drug Policy Alliance meets your company's matching gift guidelines. Or contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or email@example.com and we'll find out for you.
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs)
- Donating to the Drug Policy Alliance through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) has never been easier. The Drug Policy Alliance accepts gifts from Donor Advised Funds that you have established with any entity, including Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable and BNY Mellon. DPA's Federal Tax ID is 52-1516692.
To make it simple you can instantly recommend a grant for DPA and make a direct transfer though DAF Direct.
You can also make a direct contribution to DPA by providing the information below to your fund’s sponsoring organization. Your sponsoring organization will then be able to distribute funds.
Neither you nor DPA will incur any transaction fees when making a disbursement to DPA. If you have questions about donating through a DAF contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or jsalas@drugpolicy.
Donor Advised Fund Gift Required Information:
Organization Name: Drug Policy Alliance
DPA Federal Tax ID: 52-1516692
Mailing Address: 131 West 33rd Street,15th Floor, New York, NY 10001
- Put DPA in your will or estate plan. Find out more about The Ashawna Hailey Planned Giving Society, DPA’s planned giving group.
- Make a donation in honor or in memory of someone. Please contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make your gift.
- If you would like to make a grant to DPA from your family foundation or work at a foundation interested in drug policy reform, please contact David Glowka, Director of Development, at 212-613-8029 or email@example.com.
Donating by PhonePlease call 212-613-8025 to donate today.
Donating by Wire TransferTo make a wire transfer please contact Ellen Flenniken, Managing Director of Development, at 212-613-8043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donating with BitcoinContact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at email@example.com to find out how to give with digital currency.
Donating by MailChecks or money orders should be made out to the Drug Policy Alliance.
Please mail to:
The Drug Policy Alliance
131 West 33rd Street, 15th floor
New York, NY 10001
Lobbying and AdvocacyYou can make a donation to DPA's related organization, Drug Policy Action, in support of lobbying and other efforts. Note that donations to Drug Policy Action are not tax-deductible.
Shop DPA ProductsGet books and reports, or show your support for drug policy reform with a t-shirt or mug. Visit our store.