The Drug Policy Alliance is a 501c3 non-profit organization. We depend entirely on private donations to fund our work to end the war on drugs and promote new drug policies grounded in science, compassion, health, and human rights. Your support is crucial – thank you!
Gifts to the Drug Policy Alliance are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law, Tax ID: 52-1516692. For questions on new or existing donations, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to support the Drug Policy Alliance that offer benefits for you as well as increase the impact of your gift. Explore below to find an option that works for you.
- The benefits of a stock donation are two-fold: not only is the contribution tax-deductible - which would also be the case with a check - but you pay no capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock. Read More
To donate stocks or bonds, please inform your broker that our investment account is with:
Pershing LLC / Citi Personal Wealth Management
New York, NY 10019
DTC #: 0443
Account Name: Drug Policy Alliance
Account #: C32-043-504
If you need the full account number contact Dennis Lee at 212-489-3246.
Because electronic stock transfers are made without identifying the donor, please contact Ellen Flenniken, Managing Director of Development, at 212-613-8043 or email@example.com to advise about the stock and number of shares you plan to give.
- Want your membership to go even further? Join
the Reformers Club, our special group of committed automatic monthly donors. Read More
These tax-deductible gifts not only sustain our work, but are also an investment in the future of this movement.
- DPA’s Champions Circle is a dedicated group of donors who make gifts totaling $1,000 or more a year to help DPA fight to end the war on drugs. Champions Circle members provides critical power for our efforts to treat drug use as a health issue, not a criminal problem. Learn more about becoming a Champion.
- If your birthday is coming up, you have a special opportunity to make a big impact for drug policy reform by hosting a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser. DPA will receive 100% of the funds you raise!
- You can make your donation to the Drug Policy Alliance go even further by designating the Alliance for a
matching gift from your company. Read More
Check with your company's matching gift department to determine if the Drug Policy Alliance meets your company's matching gift guidelines. Or contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll find out for you.
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs)
- Donating to the Drug Policy Alliance through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) has never been easier. The Drug Policy
Alliance accepts gifts from Donor Advised Funds that you have established with any entity, including Fidelity
Charitable, Schwab Charitable and BNY Mellon. DPA's Federal Tax ID is 52-1516692.Read More
To make it simple you can instantly recommend a grant for DPA and make a direct transfer though DAF Direct.
You can also make a direct contribution to DPA by providing the information below to your fund’s sponsoring organization. Your sponsoring organization will then be able to distribute funds.
Neither you nor DPA will incur any transaction fees when making a disbursement to DPA. If you have questions about donating through a DAF contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or jsalas@drugpolicy.
Donor Advised Fund Gift Required Information:
Organization Name: Drug Policy Alliance
DPA Federal Tax ID: 52-1516692
Mailing Address: 131 West 33rd Street,15th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Qualified Charitable Distributions
- A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is a direct transfer of funds from your IRA, payable directly to the Drug Policy Alliance. Read More
QCDs are excluded from your taxable income. If you are age 72 or older, amounts distributed as a QCD can be counted toward satisfying your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year, up to $100,000. Learn more about Qualified Charitable Distributions.
- Put DPA in your will or estate plan. Find out more about The Ashawna Hailey Planned Giving Society, DPA’s planned giving group.
- Make a donation in honor or in memory of someone. Please contact Joe Salas, Deputy Director of Development, at 212-613-8070 or email@example.com to make your gift.
- If you would like to make a grant to DPA from your family foundation or work at a foundation interested in drug policy reform, please contact David Glowka, Director of Development, at 212-613-8029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donating by PhonePlease call 212-613-8025 to donate today.
Donating by Wire TransferTo make a wire transfer please contact Ellen Flenniken, Managing Director of Development, at 212-613-8043 or email@example.com.
Donating by MailChecks or money orders should be made out to the Drug Policy Alliance.
Please mail to:
The Drug Policy Alliance
131 West 33rd Street, 15th floor
New York, NY 10001